- Ceramica-ART Non-stick Surface
- pans have a unique non-stick surface that is made from sand &
- ceramic. The glass-like surface provides outstanding food release and
- durability even after many years of use and offers several important
- advantages over PTFE-based non-stick coatings. The Ceramica-ART
- non-stick has no components in common with PTFE-based non-stick. Our
- non-stick is 100% inorganic and is made from sand, rock and ceramic that
- has been refined to a high degree of purity. The non-sitck surface
- contains no petroleum based elements. When you use EVACO/CAST ES-series
- pans you are cooking on a glass surface. The non-stick surface itself
- tolerates nearly twice the heat of PTFE-based non-sticking coating. On
- the stove, any cooking temperature is fine, but remember, the Bakelite
- handle on the pan will not tolerate direct flame contact.
- non-stick is produced under a South Korean patent. Pans with
- Ceramica-ART were first launched in Japan in 1990 and this extraordinary
- non-stick system has since undergone numerous technical improvements.
- Today Ceramica-ART ranks as one of the finest inorganic non-stick
- systems in the World. Ceramica-ART is safe for food storage and aerosol
- cooking sprays and tolerates far higher cooking temperatures than
- PTFE-based non-stick. No odors, fumes or gases are released at any
- cooking temperature.
- superb heat conduction of EVACO/CAST permits cooking at lower
- temperature than is possible with most other cookware and you will find
- that the low to medium temperature settings are the most frequently
- used. On the stove, the pans tolerate any cooking temperature. However,
- be sure that flames do not reach the handle. In the oven, do not use
- temperatures higher than 360 degrees Fahrenheit as otherwise you may
- damage the Bakelite handle. The pans are ideal for gas, electric,
- ceramic and halogen ranges.
- non-stick is designed to provide many eyars of superb food release.
- Even the largest and dirtiest pan is cleaned in seconds. Most cookware
- needs to cool off before cleaning. Not so with EVACO/CAST pans. you may
- clean your EVACO/CAST pan hot off the stove. The pan cannot warp and
- the enamel will not crack due to immersion in water. EVACO/CAST pans are
- also dishwasher safe. In the dishwasher, be sure that the handle does
- not get close to the heating coils.
For maximum non-stick
- performance, we recommend that the pans are cleaned after each use. A
- few drops of soap, hot water and a soft brush will do the job.
- PTFE (non-stick) pans rely on the softness of their silicone component
- to release food, whereas EVACO/CAST ans rely on an ultra-dense and
- smooth cooking surface to provide food release. To maintain the
- effectiveness of EVACO/CAST non-stick you should avoid using abrasive
- pads and sharp spatulas for cleaning.
- non-stick surface of the rim is especially exposed to scratching and
- chipping if your pans are stacked without a "cusion" between them.
- Although scratches/chips on the rim do not affect the performance of the
- pan, you may want to avoid such damage with careful storage.
WHICH TOOLS TO USE
- recommend tools made from plastic, wood or silicone. Knives, spatulas
- and metal tool with sharp edges should never be used. Quality stainless
- steel whisks are permitted if not used aggressively. Rotary beaters and
- electric beaters should never be used.
- remain cool on the stove and tolerate oven-heat to 360 degrees
- Fahrenheit. On gas ranges, be sure that flames do not reach the handle.
- If a handle becomes loose, tighten the bolt with a screwdriver. In case
- of handle damage, please contact your dealer or contact EVACO?CAST
- Service toll free at 800.782.2738 for replacement parts.
WHAT TO DO IF MY PAN IS NO LONGER NON-STICK
- most common reasons for sticking problem are: failure to clean the pan
- with soap between uses and cooking on too high heat. The above
- circumstances will cause a layer of carbon to form on the pan's surface
- which can usually be removed by following the below procedures:
If a soft brush and soapy water do not work, we recommend that you try the following:
Thick layer of food particles / grease:
- the pan with water and add liquid dish washing soap. Rub off the food
- particles using a poly (plastic) mesh sponge such as "handi Scrub" by
- DAWN. Do not use metal sponges. Afterward clean the pan using a nylon
- dish brush and soapy water.
Alternative method: Fill the pan
- with water and add several table spoons of baking soda. Let the mixture
- simmer on the stove. The carbon particles will begin to flake off in
- small pieces. After the carbon has been broken down, clean the pan in
- hot soapy water with a soft brush. Do not let the pan boil dry during
Thin film of burned on grease: Rub the spot with a
- moist, soft sponge using baking soda. Do not use abrasive or metallic
- scouring pads. When the spot is gone, clean in hot soapy water with a
- soft brush. Remember, EVACO/CAST pans are very energy efficient and heat
- up to full cooking temperature very rapidly. The pans are designed to
- perform efficiently on low to medium heat. The pans will tolerate high
- cooking temperatures, but when cooking on high, we recommend that you
- grease the pan.
Before first use. Clean the cookware in hot, soapy water, rinse and dry. You are now ready to cook.